Did you just say vegan? Yes! Every spoon of this crumble will give you loads of fruits crunchiness and all of this guilt free!
It also gives you a taste of a Summer plate; freshness, tangy blueberries and sweet bananas.
This recipe is also gluten free, as I used gluten free rolled oats and ground almonds. The recipe is insanely simple and will give you a warm bowl of crumble. The toppings? This is up to you for sure! I have topped my bowl with dairy free Greek yogurt and it was delicious. I am not allergic to any of those, but I like to give my body a break sometimes, don’t you agree?
During the Holy month of Ramadan, I really do not like to eat sweets but I still need something to cheer me up after Iftar. So, I though this recipe is a good option; it has fruits, a nutty flavor, no refined sugar, no flour or butter!
So let me warn you, this crumble recipe is very addictive!
How do you make this crumble?
I am sure you agree that crumbles are one of the easiest dessert to make. Also, you can easily make them gluten free and vegan. Usually, in a traditional crumble, the top made of flour, butter and sugar. In this recipe, you will use ground almonds, coconut oil and gluten free rolled oats (if you do not have gluten free oats, it is fine as long as you are not gluten intolerant).For the crumb, I used the Bobs Red mill old fashioned gluten free oats, because I find this brand gives the best results in baking and has highest quality. I also put some ground almonds (bought from Lulu supermarket), extra virgin coconut oil and some honey.
For the filling, you can use either fresh or frozen blueberries (they might release more juice though!), bananas (not ripe), a dash of lemon juice and organic coconut sugar. That’s all!
Does it not sound like a healthy breakfast idea to you? I bet you would eat it all!
If you want to bring your crumble to the next level, you are allowed to top if with some dairy free cream (e.g. coconut whipped cream), or dairy free vanilla ice cream.
Enjoy your crumble! Looking forward to see your creations!
If you liked and did this recipe, tag me on Instagram @feirouzbakes.
Happy healthy baking!
Gluten Free Blueberry Banana Crumble
Baking time: 30min
- 2 cups and a half fresh blueberries
- 2 sliced bananas
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
Preheat your oven 200ºC
- Place all the filling ingredients in a bowl and combine well with the lemon juice and coconut sugar. Set aside for about 10 minutes, to let the ingredients combine with each other. Stir for time to time.
- In another bowl, place all the crumble ingredients, use your fingertips to mix the ingredients. you need to have a bread-crumb like texture.
- In a medium pan (I used glass oval one), place the filling ingredients to cover the bottom of the pan. Place the crumble ingredients until no fruits are visible.
- Bake for 30min (maybe less depending on your oven) until golden brown, beware to place your oven tray at medium rack, because oats tend to brown quickly!
Eat right away, with or without toppings!
You can store the crumble in the fridge once cool down for 3 days (if you do not finish it before then!)